Pool Safety Information
As the founding sponsor of the National Drowning Prevention Alliance (NDPA), and the makers of the MagnaLatch magnetic, self-latching gate latch and TruClose, self-closing hinges, D&D Technologies is committed to supporting efforts to prevent drowning worldwide.
D&D’s products can be purchased through fencing contractors, in select Lowes, Home Depot, Leslie’s Pool Supplies stores nationwide, or through numerous websites. Commercial distributors include PoolCorp, HDS, Fastenal and Grainger.
What you need to know about pool fences and gates:
Use our "Blueprint for Pool Gate Safety” for residential pools and “Blueprint for Class ‘C’ Pool Gate Safety” for commercial pools as checklist and guide to help ensure your pool fence and gate meet pool barrier codes. If you’d like to order a free copy of either brochure click here.
Every child deserves to be protected. D&D is asking that you take that step to spread the message that Simple Steps Save Lives to your family, friends, neighbors, and co-workers. Let them know that by adding as many proven water safety steps as possible is the best way to assure safety and fun around pools and spas. Together we can make a difference.
Learn the Simple Steps that Save Lives. Click Here.
Here are some other resources we recommend:
- www.NDPA.org – National Drowning Prevention Alliance
- Swimming pool and spa codes - National Swiming Pool Foundation
- www.aap.org – American Academy of Pediatrics (search for water safety)
- www.childrensafetyzone.com – Arizona codes, stats, etc.
- www.poolsafety.gov – Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)
- www.preventdrownings.org – Drowning Prevention Coalition of Arizona
- www.redcross.org (search for water safety) – American Red Cross
- www.theapsp.org/ConsumerResources –- APSP, the pool industry’s association
- www.usa.Safekids.org – Safe Kids (search under drowning)